Central - Frenchman Butte
Provincial Historic Park, Heritage Site / Village, RCMP / Military
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Most Recent Traveler Reviews
    Tourism Saskatchewan
    22 km W and S of Frenchman Butte, off Grid 797.
    Latitude: 53.57477° N,
    Longitude: -109.7937° W
    A National Historic Site of Canada, Fort Pitt features the archaeological remains of two different posts, interpretive panels explaining the history of the site, the Northwest Resistance and the signing of Treaty Six as well as a picnic area, washrooms and canoe access to the river.
     
    Fort Pitt was built in 1929 by the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) to act as a halfway point between Fort Carlton and Fort Edmonton. Located on the northern bank of the North Saskatchewan River, the fort was an important fur trade post and operated for approximately 70 years. In 1876, the site was used as one of the locations for signing Treaty Six and then in 1885 it was a significant site in the Northwest Resistance.

    SHOW MORE
    Open May 15 to Sep 30.

    Open May 15 to Sep 30.

    Rates And Discounts

    • Free admission

    Certifications and Affiliations

    • Provincial Heritage Property designation

    Access

    • Country / Rural

    Amenities

    • Picnic area
    • Pit toilet
    • Interpretive signage

    Activities

    • Geocaching

    Maps & Docs

    Contact Info

    Phone(s): 306-933-7403 | 1-800-205-7070 |

    Open May 15 to Sep 30.

    22 km W and S of Frenchman Butte, off Grid 797.

    Latitude: 53.57477° N, Longitude: -109.7937° W

    Central - Frenchman Butte
    Fort Pitt Provincial Historic Park Fort Pitt Trail Trails of 1885 Attraction

    A National Historic Site of Canada, Fort Pitt features the archaeological remains of two different posts, interpretive panels explaining the history of the site, the Northwest Resistance and the signing of Treaty Six as well as a picnic area, washrooms and canoe access to the river.
     
    Fort Pitt was built in 1929 by the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) to act as a halfway point between Fort Carlton and Fort Edmonton. Located on the northern bank of the North Saskatchewan River, the fort was an important fur trade post and operated for approximately 70 years. In 1876, the site was used as one of the locations for signing Treaty Six and then in 1885 it was a significant site in the Northwest Resistance.

    SHOW MORE

    Location Information

    22 km W and S of Frenchman Butte, off Grid 797.

    View on map >

    lat. 53.57477° N, long. -109.7937° W

    Contact Info

    Phone: 306-933-7403 | 1-800-205-7070 |