The Saskatchewan Tourism Authority, also known as Tourism Saskatchewan (“Sponsor”), is offering the “I Love Saskatchewan Summer! Video Contest”.
• This contest is open to residents age 13 and up of the continental U.S. and Canada* and only where such contests are not prohibited by law.*Residents in the province of Quebec are not eligible to enter this contest because of that jurisdiction’s legislative requirements. Employees of Tourism Saskatchewan and its advertising or promotional agencies and prize suppliers, and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible. Prize winners under the age of majority in the jurisdiction of residence must have related waivers and releases executed by parents/legal guardians.
• The grand prize winner must not have won a major prize contest from Tourism Saskatchewan within two (2) years of the draw date (excluding Tourism Saskatchewan's annual Snap It photo contest. Winners of Snap It remain eligible).
• No entry fee or purchase is required.
Contest entry and voting on submissions opens Tuesday, July 3 at 12:01 a.m. Central Standard Time, and closes on Monday, September 17, at 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time.
How to Enter
1. Create a positive, upbeat short video (one minute or less*) describing what you love about summer in Saskatchewan. See rules section “Judging Criteria” for more information on how to create your video and what the judges are looking for. 2. Upload the video to YouTube. We are unfortunately unable to process videos posted to other sites, such as Vimeo. If you don’t have one, you’ll have to create a YouTube account, which is easy to do. 3. Fill in the entry form found at www.saskvideocontest.com or on Tourism Saskatchewan’s Facebook page. You will need to enter your contact information; a link to your video; and agree to all terms and conditions described in these rules.
*Due to video upload discrepancies, we will allow a maximum video length of 1:03 (one minute and three seconds) as it appears in a YouTube viewer.
Visitors to www.saskvideocontest.com can vote for one or more videos. Any one user, as identified by I.P address, can vote a maximum of once per day per video for the duration of the contest. Any evidence of tampering or automated vote registration may result in disqualification. For more information, see the rules section “Online Contest”.
One Grand Prize winner and three (3) secondary prize winners will be identified. Entrants selected as the potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these rules and winning the contest is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
1. Two prizes (one (1) grand prize consisting of $4,000 cash and one (1) secondary prize consisting of one GoPro Camera Package and $500 cash) will be awarded based on a combination of votes and judges’ decision. Here’s what the judges are looking for:
a. Beautiful Saskatchewan scenery (parks, lakes, cities, forests – everywhere!)
b. Entrants describing what they love about summer in Saskatchewan – things they love to do, places they love to go, etc. Entrants should come across as genuine, enthusiastic and positive.
c. Creativity, humour, fun – you know, the things that make videos fun to watch.
2. A secondary prize of one GoPro Camera Package and $500 cash will be awarded to the video with the most votes on our website – www.saskvideocontest.com - at the end of the contest.
3. A secondary prize of one GoPro Camera Package and $500 cash will be awarded to the creator of the best video, as determined by the judges, by someone age 13-18.
Videos containing nudity, inappropriate language, illegal activity and/or any objectionable content will not be eligible. Use of copyrighted material such as music is at the discretion of the video creator; entrants should be aware that YouTube may remove the video or its soundtrack if the use of copyright material is deemed to be outside the realm of fair use, and the contest sponsor may also deem a video ineligible for use inappropriate use of copyrighted material.
Tourism Saskatchewan does not have control over, nor do we endorse any advertisements that might appear on a submitted or winning video. Entrants are encourage to deactivate the advertising option when creating their video.
Entrants must signify that they have read and accept the Official Rules and the Terms & Conditions. The combination of the number of votes a video receives in addition to the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s judges will determine the winners of the judged categories. The Contest will take place under the supervision of Sponsor and Sponsor’s judges. Participants agree to be bound by the rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final and non-appealable.
GRAND PRIZE: one (1) cash prize of $4,000 Canadian currency. Three (3) secondary prizes of GoPro Camera Packages plus C$500 cash,. Each GoPro Camera package is valued at approximately $500, and consists of:
- GoPro Hero2 Outdoor Edition
- GoPro LCD Bac Pac
- HD Hero Rechargeable Battery
- GoPro Chesty (chest mount for the camera)
- HD Video Card (16GB = 4hrs)
Selection and Announcement of Winners
Potential winners will be contacted by email or phone and must return the prize release form provided by Tourism Saskatchewan within seven (7) days of receipt, to be eligible for any of the four prizes, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified entrant. A prize release form must be completed and returned in full and must confirm that the potential prize winner meets all conditions set out in this contest. Potential winners under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence must have their parents or legal guardians sign the waiver.
Contest winners names and community of residence will be posted on sasktourism.com, Tourism Saskatchewan’s official website.
Other Terms, Limitations and Conditions
All entries must be original, may not have won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner’s place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority may use winner’s name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, and video for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. The winner may be required to supply the Sponsor with an original file version of the winning video. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE ENTRANT/WINNER AGREES THAT SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, provincial and local laws. Void where prohibited.
Entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. By participating in this contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to accept the official rules and the decisions of the sponsors as final and binding in every respect, including, but not limited to decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection and confirmation of the winners, and the awarding of any prize. The decisions of the Sponsor and Sponsor’s judges are final and binding in all matters related to this contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules. If there are any discrepancies between the contest and the rules, then the rules will govern.
Use of Information