PRINCE ALBERT, SK Location: Kinsmen Park, 22nd St W and 1st Ave W, Prince Albert.
The Nisbet Church was constructed in 1866 by Reverend James Nisbet and was used as both a church and a school. It is reportedly the second oldest church in Saskatchewan and the oldest school between the Red River and the Foothills of Alberta. The Blockhouse was constructed by Archie Ballantyne in the 1870s to be used as a stable by Prince Albert's first lawyer, Mr. Maclise. The building was used as a blockhouse during the Northwest Resistance of 1885 when it was located at 1st Ave W and 12th St. External viewing only. Contact the Prince Albert Historical Museum for further information.
Open Year Round
Rates & Hours of Operation
- Free admission
- Hours of operation : Exterior viewing only. Contact the Prince Albert Historical Museum for further information.
On-Site Amenities & Services
- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tour
- Natural History/Natural Sciences
- Settlement history