Tourism Saskatchewan

Mission School - Church and Old Blockhouse

Old Blockhouse
Full Wheelchair Access

Kinsmen Park, 22nd St W and 1st Ave W, Prince Albert.

The Nisbet Church was constructed in 1866 by Reverend James Nisbet and was used as both a church and a school. It is reportedly the second oldest church in Saskatchewan and the oldest school between the Red River and the Foothills of Alberta.

The Blockhouse was constructed by Archie Ballantyne in the 1870s to be used as a stable by Prince Albert's first lawyer, Mr. Maclise. The building was used as a blockhouse during the Northwest Resistance of 1885 when it was located at 1st Ave W and ...
Read more


Visit the Mission School - Church and Old Blockhouse website right now

10 River Street E
PRINCE ALBERT, SK  

Tel: (306) 764-2992
Email: historypa@citypa.com
Website: http://www.historypa.com

Open Year Round

Free admission
Hours of operation: Exterior viewing only. Contact the Prince Albert Historical Museum for further information.

Full wheelchair access

Self-guided tour

Museums Association of Saskatchewan member
Canadian Museum Association member
Saskatchewan Council of Archives Member

Information in this listing is subject to change at any time. Please contact the operator to verify that information is accurate.
Related Products