Tourism Saskatchewan

Fort Pelly National Historic Site

View of Fort Pelly, showing the plaque and the setting by a plain that permitted agriculture, 2007.  Parks Canada Agency / Agence Parcs Canada, 2007.

S of Pelly 10km and 6.7km W. Site marked by cairn.

Designated a national historic site in 1953. Headquarters of the Swan River District of the Hudson Bay Company for almost half a century. This is the second site of Fort Pelly. The first site, owned and plaqued by the province is located 0.4km away.


Visit the Fort Pelly National Historic Site website right now

Box 70
Abernethy, SK  S0A 0A0

Tel: (306) 333-2116 / 1(866) 787-6221 (TTY)
Toll Free: 1(888) 773-8888
Email: motherwell_info@pc.gc.ca
Website: http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/sk/pelly/index.aspx

Low level Assiniboine River crossing just 1km W of Fort Pelly site. Objects related to Fort Pelly can be viewed at the Fort Pelly Livingstone Museum in Pelly.

Open Year Round

Free admission
Hours of operation: Grounds open continuously. Limited day use facilities.

Picnic area

Self-guided tour

Museums Association of Saskatchewan member

Information in this listing is subject to change at any time. Please contact the operator to verify that information is accurate.
Related Products