CanoeSki Discovery Company Ltd
- Price:Starting from $415 CAD
- Visit us online
- Available from: View on map24 Jun 2017 - 06 Aug 2017
- Duration:2 Days/1 Night
Take an historical canoeing adventure on the South Saskatchewan River back to the turbulent 1885 era. Visit the national historic sites of the Northwest Resistance where battles raged between Louis Riel's followers and the Canadian militia. From the river, hike the trail to the battle campsite near Tourond's Coulee/Fish Creek.
Camp overnight at a wilderness site on the riverbank at Petite Ville, the archaeological site of an ancient Métis wintering village. Enjoy the wildlife and valley scenery as you continue canoeing downstream to the former Métis village of Batoche. At the Carlton Trail crossing, finish paddling and hike the old trail to Batoche National Historic Site. At the interpretive centre, view the Parks Canada multimedia show and visit the site of Louis Riel's short-lived provisional government with its original church, rectory and cemetery.
Finish the trip with a renewed connection to places and events that have greatly influenced Saskatchewan and Canadian history.
July 15-16 (one and two days)
August 12-13 (one and two days)
September 2 (one day)
Unscheduled departures for groups can be arranged with advance notice. To see the tour location click on the map link above.
One-day trips also available (see website for details)
- Canoeing and safety equipment.
- Accommodations in 1 & 2-person quality nylon tents
- Waterproof packs for personal items & clothing.
- Park entry & camping fees.
- Nutritious noon meal prepared over an open fire.
- Certified instructor/guide.
- Historic and cultural interpretive activities at Fish Creek & Batoche.
- Return transportation by passenger van from Saskatoon.
Prices are shown in Canadian dollars; applicable taxes extra.
Two day trip price: $415, one day trip price: $175
Advance booking required. Subject to availability.
Please see our website or phone (306) 653-5693 for additional information and other packages available.