ExploreSask Photo Contest
Explore Saskatchewan this summer and start clicking to win great prizes from Tourism Saskatchewan! Enter our ExploreSask Photo contest (formerly Snap It! Photo Contest), and you may win a $250 gift card from Don’s Photo, plus the Grand Prize! Take a selfie at a Saskatchewan hotspot and win a new GoPro Hero 3+ HD Camera!
Enter your Saskatchewan photos in these eight categories:
• Saskatchewan People – Photos that reflect the character and spirit of Saskatchewan people (No studio photography).
• Nature in Saskatchewan – Photos of flora and fauna in natural habitat.
• Prairie Scenic – Scenic photos from prairie regions of Saskatchewan, including traditional scenes, as well as hidden prairie treasures such as the Qu’Appelle Valley, hills and badlands, and features not typically categorized as “prairie”.
• Woods and Water – Scenic photos reflecting parkland, boreal forest and lake settings.
• My Saskatchewan Vacation – Photos of people having fun during their Saskatchewan vacation. Images may capture adventure, recreation, relaxation or celebration at a favourite attraction, event or destination in Saskatchewan.
• Urban Life – Images that portray the excitement, sophistication, and spirit of our Saskatchewan cities and towns. Photos can also feature events and attractions you experience while visiting our “urban playgrounds.”
• Provincial Parks – Photos of your most treasured memories that took place in a Saskatchewan provincial park.
• SaskSelfie – Take a selfie with your mobile device or camera at a recognizable Saskatchewan tourism attraction and enter for the chance to win a GoPro Hero 3+ HD camera!
Follow the SaskSelfie Hotspot Hunt clues as a guide for great places to go and grab the perfect SaskSelfie. Take your SaskSelfie at:
- Kipling’s big red paper clip
- Regina’s Legislative Building
- The Allen Sapp Gallery in North Battleford
- Grey Owl’s Cabin in Prince Albert National Park Click here to download all of the SaskSelfie Hotspot Hunt clues.
How to Enter
Only digital (.jpg, .png or .gif format) submissions will be accepted. Submit your photos via this entry form. Include the following details:
• Photo Location (eg. Lake Diefenbaker, Maple Creek, etc.)
You will receive an e-mail confirmation upon uploading your photo. By digitally submitting your photographs, you are acknowledging that you have read, understand and abide by all contest rules and regulations.
Once uploaded, images will be available to view online in this gallery. All Images will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with the guidelines of the contest.
Individuals may submit a maximum of three photographs. Each image can be entered into one category only. Multiple entries in one category are permitted up to the entry limit. All photographs must have been taken within the province of Saskatchewan prior to the closing date of the contest. While there are no specific timeframe restrictions, photos should not look dated. Some electronic manipulation, such as cropping or minor adjustments to exposure, tone, colour, etc. is allowed. Techniques such as post-processing HDR, compositing or retouching are unacceptable. Pictures with embedded script (i.e. logo, signature, location, etc.) will not be accepted. Determination on whether a photo has been overly manipulated will be at the discretion of the judges.
Eligibility: This contest is intended for participation of United States and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec and where otherwise prohibited by law). Entries from outside of the U.S. and Canada are not eligible. The winner must have reached the age of majority in their province or state of residence.
Contest Dates: Entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. CST on September 30, 2014.