Welcome! You are viewing an archived issue of SaskSecrets, Tourism Saskatchewan's Online Newsletter, from December 2009. To read the current issue of SaskSecrets, click here.
Snap it! The Great Saskatchewan Photo Contest Winners Announced
Recently, Tourism Saskatchewan put out a call to Shutterbugs asking them to capture the wonders of Saskatchewan…and send us their photos! We now have our winners. There were six categories to enter photos into:
• Saskatchewan People – Photos that reflect the character and spirit of Saskatchewan people.
• Nature in Saskatchewan – Photos of flora and fauna in natural habitat.
• Prairie Scenic – Scenic photos from prairie regions of Saskatchewan, including traditional scenes, as well as hidden prairie treasures, and features not typically categorized as “prairie”.
• Woods and Water – Scenic photos reflecting parkland, boreal forest and/or lake settings.
• My Saskatchewan Vacation – Photos of people having fun during their Saskatchewan vacation, featuring scenes of adventure, recreation, relaxation or celebration at a favourite attraction, event or destination in Saskatchewan.
• Urban Life – Images that portray the excitement, sophistication, and spirit of our Saskatchewan cities and towns.
One major prize (a $500 gift certificate for Don’s Photo) was awarded to the winners in each of six categories, plus the Grand Prize winner was awarded an additional $500 gift certificate to Don’s Photo. Five Award of Merit prizes were given out to the Honourable Mentions in each category. Congratulations to the winners!
Click here to view the winning photos!