Welcome! You are viewing an archived issue of SaskSecrets, Tourism Saskatchewan's Online Newsletter, from May 2010. To read the current issue of SaskSecrets, click here.
Where is Riderville? Community Contest
From May 11 – August 1, 2010, the Saskatchewan Roughriders Football Club will be holding a contest for Saskatchewan communities to officially give one of them the prestigious name of "Riderville".
Of course, Rider Pride is province-wide but where exactly is Riderville? The Saskatchewan Roughriders are putting communities to the test and to find out whose blood runs greenest. From bars to barns, rec rooms to rec centres, who most proudly represents the green and white? And, which community will officially be declared throughout the land as Riderville?
Riderville Grand Prize Package
• $25,000 to support minor sports in their community.
• A full-day football camp featuring Rider players, coaches and alumni; plus, a cheerleader camp and autograph session.
• Attendance by Rider personnel at a community fundraiser or event.
• A “Welcome to Riderville” road sign.
• Most importantly, the right to officially be declared as Riderville.
*Four other finalists will receive $2,500 each to benefit minor sports in their communities.
How to Enter:
Visit Riderville.com and enter before August 1, 2010. Tell them (in less than 1,000 words) what your community does to celebrate Rider Pride, and show your town’s passion for the green and white by submitting up to 5 photos or a 30-second video. Be creative. Be unique. Five finalists will be selected by our judges and posted on Riderville.com where fellow fans will choose the grand prize winner! Visit Riderville.com for full details and helpful hints.