Sundogs Excursions & Sundogs Sled Excursions
Boreal Forest Winter – Exposed
$ 3350 cdnAvailable from 01-Feb-2014 to 31-Mar-2014 4 Day / 5 Night package
A Canadian Signature Experience.
“Experiencing the Secrets of a Boreal Forest Winter”
Explore the million-acre wilderness of Northern Saskatchewan's boreal forest in winter by dogsled, on foot and snowshoes.
Spot lynx, owls and moose. Follow fox tracks and hear wolves howl in the serene, silent woodland. Learn to mush huskies. Gain a deeper understanding of this unique eco-system while in the company of an imaginative nature interpreter for four days. Spend your nights in a 4-star lodge dining local on elk, bison and Saskatoon berries, or choose to sleep rustic among snow-covered trees in a canvas trapper’s tent warmed by a wood stove.
- Trips depart in February and March only.
- It is also possible to spend a night in a prospector’s wall tent heated with a woodstove.
- No mushing experience is necessary. A moderate level of fitness makes the experience more rewarding.
- Trips are tailored to clients' comfort zone.
- Bring layered clothing.
- Children 12 and over are welcome.
- 5 nights' accommodations at nearby Elk Ridge Resort – Woodland Queen Room.
- 4 Days of activities (4 hours of guided activities per day.) 1/2 day dogsledding
- 4 lunches in the field or on trail. 1 dinner at Copper Ridge Dining Room.
- Insulated outer wear from head to toe is provided.
$3350/Couple/Double Occupancy. Canadian Taxes and levy included.
Advanced booking required.
Some conditions may apply.
For additional information, please see our website
or call 306-960-1654