Multis E Gentibus Vires, "From Many Peoples Strength" - The provincial Coat of Arms was granted through Royal Warrant from Queen Elizabeth II in 1986. It is an augmentation of the original shield of arms adopted by Royal Warrant of King Edward VII in 1906.
A crest of a beaver and crown is placed above the shield. On either side of the shield are supporters: a lion and a deer. The shield itself displays the royal lion and three gold wheat sheaves, symbolizing Saskatchewan agriculture. The base is formed of western red lilies, Saskatchewan's floral emblem.
Return to Quick Facts home.