Welcome! You are viewing an archived issue of SaskSecrets, Tourism Saskatchewan's Online Newsletter, from August 2014. To read the current issue of SaskSecrets, click here.
August 2014 SaskSecrets
Here we are in the dog days of summer. It always seems to go by too fast, doesn’t it? The good news is that August and September are particularly beautiful in Saskatchewan. The days are warm, the evenings cool, and barbecue tastes even better. Here are some ideas:
- Experience the wide open spaces and gorgeous landscape of Saskatchewan’s southwest.
- Think you’re tough enough to be an RCMP officer? Our travel blogger, Alex, had a chance to see what a day in the life of an RCMP Cadet is like. It’s not for the faint of heart.
- Rouleau, also known as Dog River, was a happening place this summer – check out our behind-the-scenes look at the filming of Corner Gas: The Movie.
- We love to share beautiful pictures of our province, but we like seeing your photos even more. Check out our Instagram contests and enter today to win cool prizes.
- Saskatchewan is a vast and diverse geological wonder. Learn more about the beautiful site of the Nipekamew Sand Cliffs in this month’s trivia.
- Late summer and early fall are the perfect time to saddle up – find out how easy it can be with our Feature Package.
Stay in the loop with our social media channels. You may even have a chance to win tickets to sporting events and concerts!