Welcome! You are viewing an archived issue of SaskSecrets, Tourism Saskatchewan's Online Newsletter, from January 2014. To read the current issue of SaskSecrets, click here.
A new year full of new adventures! January is a great time to start dreaming up summer vacation ideas; camping, lake life, road trips and more. Here’s what is covered in this issue of SaskSecrets:
- Our 12th Annual Snap It! Photo Contest winners have been announced! Their extraordinary photos are sure to inspire some travel plans. They’ve captured Saskatchewan’s natural beauty, impressive landscapes, unique travel experiences and more.
- Pre-order your 2014 Saskatchewan Discovery Guide. It is jam packed with great travel information; upcoming events, fun attractions and great accommodations. To help you navigate along an upcoming adventure we’ve even included a road map.
- We’re a top notch fresh water fishing destination and not just in the summer. Ice fishing is a popular sport among visitors and residents alike. We caught up with pro Tom Gruenwald while he was filming out on Last Mountain Lake.
- Looking for something special to do in the Queen City? Go for High Tea at the Hotel Saskatchewan. This traditional afternoon tea is sure to impress. Offered weekly it includes quite the spread; petite sandwiches, scones and sweets – bring your appetite with you.
- Have you been following our travel blog? Test your destination knowledge in this week’s trivia.
- Ever wanted to try winter camping? Our travel deal offers up an opportunity to try dogsledding, sleep in a heated tent and howl with the wolves.
Till next month stay in the loop by following along on our social channels, cheers!