Enthusiastic and knowledgeable interpreters offer a unique opportunity for active, experiential, land-based learning. Most programs can usually be adapted for any grade level, however, suggested grades are included. School programs include hands-on learning that complements the Saskatchewan curriculum and makes a lasting impression on children of all ages.
- All programs must be booked in advance.
- Program bookings are subject to availability.
- Book early as programs are popular and dates fill up fast.
Bookings are accepted starting on Tuesday, January 3, until Tuesday, May 23, on a first-come, first-served basis. Download the education package of the park you are interested in visiting, complete the form on the last page and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org., citing which park you are requesting in the subject line.
Park Program Coordinators will respond to your booking request within 10 business days.
Tuesday to Friday, May 23 to June 23, 2023. Program times vary by park. This information can be found in your booking form. Canoe and kayak programs are available at select parks and are typically available starting June 1, subject to park conditions.
School groups are not required to pay a program fee. A vehicle entry permit is required upon entry to the park for $10/vehicle (buses and chaperone vehicles included). Permits are available for purchase from the entry gate and/or park office.
- Payment must be made upon arrival. Please allow for additional travel time to purchase your permit at some parks.
- Accepted payment methods: Credit card in person (Visa, Mastercard), debit card, or cash/cheque. We are unable to accept payment over the telephone.
- We are unable to invoice.
- Teacher/adult supervision is required for all programs.
- Students must be accompanied by a supervisor at all times during your visit.
- Teachers and supervisors are responsible for the behaviour of their group.
- Supervisor requirements per group (larger classes may be split into 2-3 groups, the number of groups will be confirmed at time of booking):
- Kindergarten to grade 6: minimum of 2 teachers/adults per group.
- Grade 7 to 12: minimum of 1 teacher/adult per group.
- Teachers and supervisors arriving in separate vehicles are required to purchase a vehicle entry permit.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your program to ensure time for payment, washroom breaks and group organization.
- Please phone us to let us know if you will be arriving late and we will try to accommodate changes. However, late arrivals may result in program reduction or cancellation due to other school booking commitments.
- Programs are not usually cancelled due to weather unless requested by the school or in extreme/unsafe situations.
Teachers will be sent a detailed confirmation form upon booking. Park Interpreters will confirm final itinerary details such as meeting locations, packing lists or other reminders in May and June.
These resources were created for teachers by our Sask Parks team to inspire learning. Bring the joy of nature exploration to the classroom by showing your students the outdoor experience our parks have to offer.
Our team is working hard to develop more programs for you to utilize in your classroom, so check back regularly.
Group sites are available - contact individual parks.
- For dates outside summer months: Free
- Summer months: depends on size and location
- See Education Packages (above) for more details
Our parks have a variety of self-use opportunities for exploring and learning on your own. Most parks offer brochures, describing the park's significant history, environment and features. Many parks have more interactive products such as self-use trails, visitor centre displays, interpretive signage and discovery packs filled with activities and information to help make learning fun!