South - Craven
Provincial Historic Park, Museum
+
Add to Suitcase
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Most Recent Traveler Reviews
    Tourism Saskatchewan
    8 km NW of Craven on Hwy 20, 45 minutes N of Regina.
    Latitude: 50.77396° N,
    Longitude: -104.8735° W
    Last Mountain House was built in 1869 by the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) as a winter outpost for its Fort Qu'Appelle operation. It was founded, in part, to compete with an increasing number of independent fur traders in the area and because the bison had begun to move south from the Touchwood Hills. At the time, the site's primary role was to supply provisions for the HBC's northern posts, but it was destroyed by fire in the early 1870s and was not rebuilt.
     
    Today, interpretive panels explain the history and lay-out of the site, including the location of the Master's House, the Men's House, the Ice Cellar, the Warehouse/Barn, a fur press and the privy. A washroom is available on site.
    SHOW MORE

    Gates are open May long weekend to Labour Day. This is a self-use site guided by interpretive panels. There is no access inside the buildings. 

    Rates And Discounts

    • Admission by donation

    Access

    • Country / Rural

    Services

    • Self-guided tour
    • Estimated viewing time (hours): 1

    Amenities

    • Pit toilet
    • Interpretive signage

    Maps & Docs

    Contact Info

    Phone(s): 306-787-1475 | 1-800-205-7070 |
    rowansravine@gov.sk.ca


    Gates are open May long weekend to Labour Day. This is a self-use site guided by interpretive panels. There is no access inside the buildings. 

    8 km NW of Craven on Hwy 20, 45 minutes N of Regina.

    Latitude: 50.77396° N, Longitude: -104.8735° W

    South - Craven

    Last Mountain House was built in 1869 by the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) as a winter outpost for its Fort Qu'Appelle operation. It was founded, in part, to compete with an increasing number of independent fur traders in the area and because the bison had begun to move south from the Touchwood Hills. At the time, the site's primary role was to supply provisions for the HBC's northern posts, but it was destroyed by fire in the early 1870s and was not rebuilt.
     
    Today, interpretive panels explain the history and lay-out of the site, including the location of the Master's House, the Men's House, the Ice Cellar, the Warehouse/Barn, a fur press and the privy. A washroom is available on site.

    SHOW MORE

    Location Information

    8 km NW of Craven on Hwy 20, 45 minutes N of Regina.

    View on map >

    lat. 50.77396° N, long. -104.8735° W

    Contact Info

    Phone: 306-787-1475 | 1-800-205-7070 |
    rowansravine@gov.sk.ca