South - Esterhazy
Heritage Site / Village, Museum
+
Add to Suitcase
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Most Recent Traveler Reviews
    Tourism Saskatchewan
    5 km S, and 1 km W of Esterhazy on Grid 637.
    Latitude: 50.61673° N,
    Longitude: -102.044° W
    Kaposvar Historical Site, situated near Esterhazy, is a ten-acre landscaped site of the first Hungarian colony in Saskatchewan, established in 1886. Kaposvar Historical Society preserves, restores and maintains the site which consists of a stone church (1907), stone rectory (1900), Grotto (1942), cemetery (1886) and artifacts relating to the history of the early Hungarian settlement. A homestead site was established in 1986 which includes a settler house (1905), barn, millhouse and a rural schoolhouse. The Kaposvar annual pilgrimage occurs the third Sunday in August.​
    SHOW MORE
    Open May to Oct.

    ​Open Jul and Aug, 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.; tours also available by phone. 

    Rates And Discounts

    • Admission by donation

    Certifications and Affiliations

    • Municipal Heritage Property designation
    • Provincial Heritage Property designation

    Access

    • Country / Rural

    Services

    • Bus parking
    • Estimated viewing time (hours): 1.50
    • Guided tour
    • Self-guided tour
    • Tours upon request

    Amenities

    • Gift shop
    • Pit toilet

    Maps & Docs

    Contact Info

    Phone(s): 306-745-2569 | 306-745-6374 Tours | 306-740-9221 |

    Open May to Oct.

    ​Open Jul and Aug, 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.; tours also available by phone. 

    5 km S, and 1 km W of Esterhazy on Grid 637.

    Latitude: 50.61673° N, Longitude: -102.044° W

    South - Esterhazy

    Kaposvar Historical Site, situated near Esterhazy, is a ten-acre landscaped site of the first Hungarian colony in Saskatchewan, established in 1886. Kaposvar Historical Society preserves, restores and maintains the site which consists of a stone church (1907), stone rectory (1900), Grotto (1942), cemetery (1886) and artifacts relating to the history of the early Hungarian settlement. A homestead site was established in 1986 which includes a settler house (1905), barn, millhouse and a rural schoolhouse. The Kaposvar annual pilgrimage occurs the third Sunday in August.​

    SHOW MORE

    Location Information

    5 km S, and 1 km W of Esterhazy on Grid 637.

    View on map >

    lat. 50.61673° N, long. -102.044° W

    Contact Info

    Phone: 306-745-2569 | 306-745-6374 Tours | 306-740-9221 |