Longitude: -103.5861° W
Cabin in the Woods 2-Night Getaway
Jan 20, 2023 to Mar 12, 2023
Have you ever wanted to escape to a cabin in the woods? How about in Saskatchewan’s Outback? This cozy, charming, intimate package includes two nights at Shell's Fitness and Soul Center, just outside of Carrot River. Grab your spouse, your friends or just yourself for a truly stimulating getaway.
Your package includes:
- 2 night's accommodation in a cabin in the woods at Shell’s Fitness and Soul Center, including a welcome charcuterie board to enjoy during your stay and a gift of locally-sourced items to take home.
- Access to a full indoor kitchen in the studio to prepare your own meals, or we’ll suggest where to experience a culinary adventure in the area.
- Firepit (weather dependent) and sauna available for use.
- One-hour guided snowshoe tour (could be a full moon walk) in the forest and a one-hour yoga stretch.
- Snowshoes available to borrow.
Farm to Table Journey
Nov 1, 2022 to Mar 31, 2023
Experience the winter paradise of Saskatchewan. Enjoy a two-night stay at the Carrot River Inn and a Farm to Table Journey with Chef Michael Brownlee of Mabel Farm Kitchen & Marketplace.
- chef-chosen, family-style dining experience, with wine pairing optional - gift certificate for Mabel Hill Farm Kitchen & Marketplace
- two-night stay at the Carrot River Inn, including breakfast
- a copy of Saskatchewan’s Jenn Sharp’s Flat Out Delicious book, which features Chef Michael Brownlee
- use of snowshoes (must be booked in advance with Town of Carrot River and picked up prior to 5 p.m. on weekdays) to explore the area’s trails
- an optional full moon snowshoe tour may be available for an additional cost
While staying in Carrot River, stop in and visit Grant Schiller Knives, a second-generation knife maker (pending availability – must call ahead). Lunch at Prairie Angel Bakery & Patisserie and a visit to the Birch Road Studio & Gallery (by appointment only) is also a must do when visiting the community. Other winter activities in the community include ice skating and cross-country skiing.
Package is not available during January.
- Country / Rural
- Bus parking
- Tourist information available
- Wheelchair access
Maps & Docs
150 Birch Road, Carrot River.
Latitude: 53.27841° N, Longitude: -103.5861° W