Longitude: -103.586339° W
Grant Schiller Knives is a second generation, full service, custom knife shop specializing in handmade knives for all purposes. Three-day knife-making classes are also offered where you will make your own one of a kind knife that will last generations.
Cabin in the Woods 2-Night Getaway
Jan 20, 2023 to Mar 12, 2023
Have you ever wanted to escape to a cabin in the woods? How about in Saskatchewan’s Outback? This cozy, charming, intimate package includes two nights at Shell's Fitness and Soul Center, just outside of Carrot River. Grab your spouse, your friends or just yourself for a truly stimulating getaway.
Your package includes:
- 2 night's accommodation in a cabin in the woods at Shell’s Fitness and Soul Center, including a welcome charcuterie board to enjoy during your stay and a gift of locally-sourced items to take home.
- Access to a full indoor kitchen in the studio to prepare your own meals, or we’ll suggest where to experience a culinary adventure in the area.
- Firepit (weather dependent) and sauna available for use.
- One-hour guided snowshoe tour (could be a full moon walk) in the forest and a one-hour yoga stretch.
- Snowshoes available to borrow.
Farm to Table Journey
Nov 1, 2022 to Mar 31, 2023
Experience the winter paradise of Saskatchewan. Enjoy a two-night stay at the Carrot River Inn and a Farm to Table Journey with Chef Michael Brownlee of Mabel Farm Kitchen & Marketplace.
- chef-chosen, family-style dining experience, with wine pairing optional - gift certificate for Mabel Hill Farm Kitchen & Marketplace
- two-night stay at the Carrot River Inn, including breakfast
- a copy of Saskatchewan’s Jenn Sharp’s Flat Out Delicious book, which features Chef Michael Brownlee
- use of snowshoes (must be booked in advance with Town of Carrot River and picked up prior to 5 p.m. on weekdays) to explore the area’s trails
- an optional full moon snowshoe tour may be available for an additional cost
While staying in Carrot River, stop in and visit Grant Schiller Knives, a second-generation knife maker (pending availability – must call ahead). Lunch at Prairie Angel Bakery & Patisserie and a visit to the Birch Road Studio & Gallery (by appointment only) is also a must do when visiting the community. Other winter activities in the community include ice skating and cross-country skiing.
Package is not available during January.
Knife Making in the Outback
Nov 10, 2022 to Jan 14, 2023
Knife Making in the Outback is the perfect package for those individuals looking for an authentic experience making a one-of-a-kind knife under the expert guidance of second-generation knife maker Grant Schiller. This experience will immerse you in the craft of knife making over one weekend, while bringing in local dining experiences throughout your stay.
- two nights accommodation at the Carrot River Inn
- knife making class (Thursday evening, Friday and Saturday until early afternoon) with Grant Schiller Knives; you will take home your own custom knife created by you
- a welcome gift of a hand-crafted, beaded key chain by Marcy Friesen of Trapline Creations in Carrot River
- meals include: Friday and Saturday breakfasts at the Carrot River Inn; Friday lunch at Prairie Angel Bakery; Friday dinner at Gieni's Restaurant; Saturday lunch is catered and held at the shop
Package is available on November 10-12, 2022; December 8-10, 2022; January 12-14, 2023. Other dates may be available upon request. Class requires a minimum of two persons, maximum of four persons. Additional night stays are available for extra cost, if you would like the opportunity to take more time exploring this beautiful area.
Hours vary. Please call ahead.
- Urban / Suburban
Maps & Docs
306-768-8442 | 306-768-3874 |
Open year round
Hours vary. Please call ahead.
19 Main St, Carrot River.
Latitude: 53.281714° N, Longitude: -103.586339° W